Sunday, January 25, 2009

3 Movies of Note

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
One of the first movies of the year that I've seen. It was actually longer than I've expected and incredibly profound. I'll have to say that this would be one of the few rare movies that made me cry a lot.

All good things come to an end. I'd never thought that I would come across this old saying again. This movie has rekindled old memories of the past, way back when
my own mother cared for me as a foolish child. Now I think I'll be able to answer those slum book questions like what movie moved you so much. I guess it would be this one. Only thing that sucked is that I watched this in an SM theater. Recently SM theaters (with the exception of the I-max Theaters), have sucked big time.

Bedtime Stories
It has been a while since I've watched a movie with my brother so I treated him out the following week. Knowing my bro, he had quite a funny bone so we watched this extremely funny movie from one of our favorite comedy actors, Adam Sandler. Of all his movies, this gave me a stomach ache, because of all the laughing. My brother couldn't contain his laughing either when Sandler was doing the "bee" talk. People in the theater were also going crazy with his antics so that sums it up being a great movie.

I've noticed though that Adam sandler has a "trend" when he comes out with movies. First he'll release a title more suited to adults, like Don't Mess With The Zohan, then he'll come out with something like this, Bedtime Stories. Watched this at an SM theater too so it sucked a bit again. I should avoid watching at SM theaters, you think I'd learn from my previous endeavor. Sheesh...

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans
Finally, I've seen the prologue to the two previous Underworld movies. This had all the action the previous two offered but on a different time. This time it happened during the medevial era. All I can say is tha Sonja is hawt, but Selena is hotter. Anyway, those bright blue eyes were mezmerizing. It would be cool to have eyes like those. This is one movie where you seriously won't think of Vampires as blood crazed creatures but the representatives of finesse and grace of the dark world.

This time I've watched this at a THX cinema at Ayala in Glorietta 4. I'm glad to see they still have the same ambience like they did years ago when I last went there. There was also a promo that I would wanted to have. If you have 4 tickets you are entitled to a raffle thing and the prizes are Underworld DVDs and movie posters! Too bad I was alone. Sigh...

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger kurohiko said...

I want to watch the Underworld and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. :3 I'll probably get the DVD of the later though if I had to choose which one to watch in cinemas. :D

January 25, 2009 at 9:25 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home