Wednesday, February 4, 2009

All is Plurk in the world?


Plurk has been a place where I could express myself openly no matter how cheeky, stupid or absurd you may sound. Unfortunately it is also a place where feelings run wild and some people mistake that for something else. What I'm saying is, beneath all the sugary coatings of a touted "social network" plurk is in fact, anti-social.

I've lost a friend and a colleague's trust all because we both had our egos and pride. I posted something seemingly harmless until someone posted something they shouldn't have. I then politely asked to refrain from that topic since it was a very sensitive issue for me. Knowing where I have come from, they should have at least had the decency to think what they posted. And so this colleague contested that plurk is supposed to be a "social" site and I needed to be more open. Of course I also said that yeah its a social site but what I post is my right, and people should have empathy on what they say. To avoid further confrontation, I deleted the post, but what this woman did, she continued fanning the topic hot even though I stopped already. That's when I decided, I took her out of my friend's list and we haven't talked to each other ever since.

Just today, I sort of had an indirect argument with some friends who I thought I was close friends with. In the end I was betrayed. A simple post asking advice. I was grateful for their comments but there was tension as I somehow felt that they wanted me to follow that advice and that I was wrong.

Do not post anything overly too emotional. People will make fun of you in one way or another. They may know it or not but the point is you are the one who gets hurt.

If you want to ask for some serious advice, don't do it in plurk. Its better to post it on your facebook, multiply or any other blogs that you've got accounts with. I've noticed that most of the people only plurk about happy non-serious things. So that means your serious down-to-heart tear jerking post will be mocked at therfore adding injury to insult.

I now fully understand why someone I know deleted his plurk account. I might just go that far one of these days.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home