Saturday, February 7, 2009

Did someone tell the Helghast?


Its hard to imagine that it's come full circle. I was minding my own business tending to my internet cafe way back in 2005 I believe. I was searching for Sony stuff because I was bored and I stumbled across the announcement of the Playstation 3 and with it some future exclusive games. That's when I first saw the controversial Killzone 2 rendered video. Everyone was skeptical about it even down until last minutes of the multiplayer beta.

I didn't imagine back then that I'd actually get to play this game, let alone own a Playstation 3. Now with a couple of weeks to spare, Killzone 2 is actually coming out. I've played the demo and I can say that it meets up to the expectations of that video that was shown way back. Even though the demo is around 10-15 minutes, I had a blast. I kept playing it over and over. The controls are a bit giddy though. Its feels like a realistic FPS. You can actually feel how heavy the gun is and when you get hit by a bullet you loose your balance from its impact. The visuals are something to behold. Though its just tones of browns, greys and blacks, its really very well polished. I enjoy seeing the Helghast jolt back when I run down to them and hail them with bullets. The AI is pretty intelligent. Its no surprise since Insomiac, the guys who did Resistance 2, helped Guerilla in programming this AI. In a sense the Helghast move and behave sort of like the Chrimera but more aggressive. I was hiding behind cover for a while in a firefight with this one Helghast. We weren't hitting each other that much since we had to duck a lot in the crossfire. I was surprised when he threw not one but 2 grenades to my position. I mean WTF? This feels like I'm fighting against someone online!

Anyway, this game is a must for all you PS3 owners out there. And just in case you are wondering, the Killzone 2 Demo is available only at the European PSN Store right now. Just create a EU PSN account and you are set!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home